She’s gorgeous isn’t she? The Mermaid has to be one of my favorite designs by U-Paint Metal Crafts. I mean, I have many favorites, but she’s is my favorite fave. Here’s how to recreate the Mermaid Art Journal.
1. Wash the Mermaid with hot soapy water. Do not dry or seal.
2. Allow the Mermaid to rust, that’s part of her beauty.
Add the Grape Vine, Honey Bee and Turquoise Mountain ColoriQue with
sponge daubers. use the heat tool to heat set the paint. Next, lightly
sand her tail and any other place you would like the metal to shine
through. Allow to dry completely and brush on the ColoriQue Sealant. Set
3. Using a silicone brush, apply a generous amount of Heavy White Gesso to front of the denim journal and allow to dry. Next, add a few drops of Grape Vine, Honey Bee and Turquoise Mountain ColoriQue and brush it on. Use the heat tool to heat set.
5. Place the stencil along the edges of the cover and randomly spread on Nuvo® Embellishment Mousse Mother of Pearl and allow to dry.
6. I distressed the edges of the papers and die cuts with a pair of scissors, then inked the edges to darken them up. I spread some Nuvo® Deluxe Adhesive on the flower petals and paper, then sprinkled Nuvo® Pure Sheen Glitter Aqua.
7. Using Beacon® Adhesive 527™, I glued down the doily, paper, jute and flower clusters and allowed to dry.
8. I added some scaly embellishments that resemble the Mermaid‘s tale and then glued her down with a generous amount of Beacon® Adhesive 527™.
9. For the final touch, I added Nuvo® Crystal Drops in Caribbean Ocean and Crushed Grape. I love how they add the perfect touch!
I hope you have enjoyed my Mermaid Art Journal. Thank you for visiting and happy crafting!