The the list of supplies are at the bottom of the post.
1. Wash the feather with hot soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
2. Squeeze a few drops of Honey Bee ColoriQue in a palette dish and brush on the feather. Apply 2 coats and heat set between coats.
4. To create the card you will need 6 sheets of 12″ x 12″ scrapbook paper. Here are the measurements, starting with the card base working our way up on the layers: card base 12″ x 8″, score at 6″- 1st layer, 5 3/4″ x 7 3/4″- 2nd layer, 5″ x 7″- 3rd layer – 6″ x 3″ – 4th layer 3 3/7″ x 4 3/4″ – 5th layer – 3 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ – 6th layer 3″ x 4″.
5. Next trim 2 pieces for the inside liners of the card: 1st layer 5 3/4″ x 7 3/4″ – 2nd layers 5″ x 7″
6. Take the scissors and distress the edges of all the cut pieces. Using the ink pads and daubers, ink the edges of the distressed edges.
7. Adhere layer 1 & 2 with the tape runner. Before adhering layer 3 (6″ x 3″) get 2 pieces of jute and wrap it around securing with adhesive. Then continue adding the layers, including the 2 layers inside the card.
5. Add a several Nuvo Crystal and Glitter Drops using the Caribbean Ocean, Ripen Pumpkin and Emerald City. Allow to dry.
6. Tie 2 pieces of jute to the stem of the Feather and secure with a knot. Add a generous amount of Beacon® Adhesive 527™ and allow to dry.
The feather stands at 7 1/2″, so I created the card to measure at 6″ x 8″ enough space for the size and weight of the feather, but look how gorgeous it turned out! I hope you enjoyed my project today. Here’s to the good CRAFTY life!
Thank you for visiting.
- Feather by U-Paint® Metal Crafts
- Colorbox® ColoriQue by Lisa Marie Jimenez
- Honey Bee
- Nuvo® Crystal Drops by Tonic Studios
- 670N Crystal Drops Gloss Caribbean Ocean
- 665N Crystal Drops Gloss Ripen Pumpkin
- Nuvo® Glitter Drops by Tonic Studios
- 760N Glitter Drops Emerald City
- Beacon® Adhesive 527™
- Paper trimmer
- Tape runner
- Ink pads
- Sponge daubers
- Paint brush
- Light sand paper
- Heat tool
Post a Comment