Friday, October 27, 2017

Fabric Traveler's Notebook #Westcott

Happy Friday! I'm sharing my first fabric traveler's notebook. So excited to share!
I found the perfect Nightmare Before Christmas fabric and I paired it with black stripes! Eeek!  Here's a quick look:

I used Westcott's Titanium Rotary Cutter, the best for cutting multiple layers of fabric. I used a quilting ruler to cut straight lines.  

The finished traveler's notebook measures 8.5" x 5.5". I first washed and pressed the fabric. I created a pattern so I have it for future traveler's notebooks. I used the rotary cutter to cut all of the fabric, including the fuse material.

I wasn't sure if I was going to include side pockets in the inside cover, but I had the fabric and so I included them. Before sewing them I added a lightweight interfacing for stability.

Here is my completed Jack Skellington traveler's notebook!

I'm so glad I decided on the inside pockets!

It holds 2 inserts for now.

I'm so happy how it turned out! I will be making more and will share a more detailed tutorial with complete measurements.
Thank you for visiting and enjoy your Halloween weekend!

"And since I am dead, I can take off my head
To recite Shakespearean quotations
No animal nor man can scream like I can
With the fury of my recitations"
----- Jack Skellington the Pumpkin King

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Patchwork Halloween Card {Nightmare Before Christmas Inspired}

'Tis the season when I go around quoting Nightmare Before Christmas.
What's wrong? I thought you *liked* frog's breath. - Sally

Welcome to Day 4 of our partnership with Rinea! I was inspired by Sally's patchwork dress and also the need to use up the scraps from the Halloween banner I created.

I trimmed the black card stock to create the card base and I simply started gluing down scraps from Pink & Main's Not Too Spooky paper pad. I took the scraps from Rinea's Haunted Variety Pack and the die to cut the word "happy" with its background on black card stock.

I then stamped the word Halloween using Pink & Main Curvy Girl Lower Alpha Pegz Stamps with Rinea's Ghost Ink on yet another scrap of foiled paper.

I couldn't find foam dots, so I used my Westcott's mini hot glue gun to make my own. I added the dots, allowed to cool and then add just a bit more glue to each dot and adhered the die cut to the front of the card.

I trimmed the "Halloween" at an angle on both ends and glued it down with a glue pen. I then added twine along with a very thin purple jute to the top of the card.

I finished off the card with round and star enamel dots.

I hope you enjoyed my Sally Halloween card and thank you for visiting today. Please visit again tomorrow for the 5th and last day of our partnership with Rinea.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Halloween with Rinea & Pink and Main

It's kick off! It's a week full of inspiration with Rinea and Pink & Main's partnership week!! Today is my day to share for Rinea and I will be back on Thursday to share my project for Pink & Main, but  before we get to my project, I want to mention there are TWO amazing prizes to be won, yes two!
So please follow Rinea and Pink & Main Facebook pages for the details.

Now onto my Halloween banner!
I used Rinea's Haunted Artist's Pack and the fabulous Ghost Ink! I gathered up Pink & Main goodies, Not Too Spooky paper pad, Stitched Circle Dies, and Spooktacular stamp set.

Rinea's Haunted Artist's Pack measures 4" x 6" and I did was cut the dove tails. I then trimmed Pink & Main's paper to measure 5 1/2" x 6" and cut the dove tails. The Kraft banner was pre-cut so next I  used Westcott's Mini Glue Gun to adhere the pattern paper onto the Kraft banner pieces.

I stamped the images from the Spooktacular stamp set onto Rinea's foiled paper using the Ghost Ink. Sorry for the missing photo, but it's super easy to use. Make sure you stamp is seasoned and apply a generous amount of Ghost Ink, stamp the image and allow to dry. Then wipe the Ghost Ink off with a baby wipe. It's that easy and I love it!

I then cut the images using the Stitched Circle dies and glued them to the banner pieces. Next, I hot glued the purple pom pom ribbon and added tassels using twine and jute.

I embellished each image with enamel dots and stars. I simply love how easy it was to make this banner!

I hope you enjoyed my too cute to spook banner! Don't forget to follow Rinea and Pink & Main on Facebook. Thank you for visiting.