I used a seam ripper to carefully remove the zippers and all seams. When I make fabric traveler notebooks, I usually cut 2 pieces of fabric. However since I altered pouches, I had to work with 4 pieces of fabrics.
After I pressed all pieces and sewed the stripped pieces together, then the polka dot to make 2 pieces. I pressed all the seams, then sewed the sides and the top.
I inserted a stabilizer and then sewed the bottom and added the top stitch. There is a seam along the spine that normally wouldn't be there. So I added the elastic closure to the back side of the traveler's notebook.
The finished size is very close to a B6, my preferred size.
Here you see how the inside looks. I added 2 standard B6 inserts with room for 2 more.
I prefer a B6 traveler's notebook. I thought of making a smaller one, but because of the proportions of the fashion girls, I would lose them. Leaving at the most 2 complete fashion girls.
I love how it turned out and now I have a Rong Rong® Traveler's Notebook to match my Happy Planner®! So excited!
Awesome travelers notebook!
Have a great day!
Post a Comment